[Gambas-user] Blurry text when PDF pages are rendered with gb.poppler and displayed with a DocumentView

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Tue Feb 6 16:23:10 CET 2024

Le 06/02/2024 à 16:13, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
> A new discovery:
>
> In the gb.pdf version you will find the event routine
>
> Public Sub DocumentView1_Zoom()
>
>      $PDF_Doc.Zoom = Last.Zoom
>
> End
>
> After I removed the line "$PDF_Doc.Zoom = Last.Zoom" the text was also
> blurry.
>
> This event routine was not included in the gb.poppler version, because
> the PDFDocument class in the gb.poppler Version doesn't have the
> "Zoom"-property. So this line would cause an error.
>
> Why does this command line sharpen the text in the DocumentView and
> could it help if the PDFDocument class of gb.poppler also gets the zoom
> property?
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

Because the zoom property raises the resolution of the PDF before
generating an image.

In gb.poppler, there is no "zoom" property, because it means nothing.

You only deal with resolution, but in that case you have to understand
what resolution is, and how to convert between pixels and millimiters.

Benoît Minisini.