[Gambas-user] HTTPClient freeze after 40 mins with Gambas 3.18.4

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Sep 28 18:18:00 CEST 2023

Am 28.09.23 um 17:25 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 28/09/2023 à 17:23, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>>> Logically it should, but why does reusing the handle (as it should be
>>> done according to the curl documentation) create a freeze 40 minutes
>>> later? And why 40 minutes?
>>>

>> Normally, you should get the old behaviour if you recreate a new
>> HttpClient object each time you make a request.

As far as I see, the code does exactly this.

> Another point: can you count exactly how many requests you run before it
> freezes?

Now i reduced the time between the connections. From 15000 ms (15
seconds) to 300ms. Then the freeze comes faster but not as fast as it
should ...

Much more strange: It does not happen on a virtual machine with the same
Ubuntu version and Gambas 3.18.4 compiled.

It's one of the weirdest bugs i've ever encountered ...

;-)

I will test and report.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer