[Gambas-user] is possible to "inglobe" data (audio, video, etc) into gambas code?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:59:56 CEST 2023

On Tue, 19 Sept 2023 at 16:39, <roberto.premoli at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Il 17.09.2023 14:00 Bruce Steers ha scritto:
>
> > On Sun, 17 Sept 2023 at 00:48, wrote:
> >
> >> hello,
> >> my need is ti advise the user with sound: i just discovered how to
> >> play
> >> a audio with
> >>
> >> music.load("/path/to/clip.mp3")
> >> music.play()
> >>
> >> and it run smooth.
> >>
> >> Anyway, it coud happen that clip.mp3 can be corrupted, deleted, etc.
> >>
> >> So the qeustion is:
> >>
> >> it is possible to "inglobe" int into the source code of gambas?
> >>
> >> it will allow me to avoid to manage the extenal clip.mp3 because it
> >> will be always inside the program.
> >>
> >> As alternative, is possible to generate some advise sound equivalent
> >> "allert", "incamig call", "new mail", etc with primitive of gambas
> >> without use external audio sounds clip?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Roberto
> >
> > do you just mean "include" your sound files with the executable?
> > that is fairly simple.
> > Just create a folder in your project directory, for example "sounds"
> > (you
> > must not use .hidden folder names unless it's name is .public)
> > Put your clip.mp3 file into the sounds folder then access it like
> > this..
> > music.load("./sounds/clip.mp3")
> > or
> > music.load("sounds/clip.mp3")
> > BruceS
>
> i already did this, but it is not "INSIDE" the code, is still a
> separate file.
> it is "WITH" the executable, i want it "INSIDE" the executable. is it
> possible?

Yes it should be inside the executable.

It will not be included if it's name begins with a dot like .my_mp3.mp3
It will not be included if it's folder name begins with a dot like
.my_mp3s/My_.mp3

otherwise the file should be inside the executable.

you can read the executables contents using gba3 -l
eg.
gba3 -l /my/dir/My_Project.gambas

if your mp3's are not hidden or in a hidden folder then they should be
inside and accessible with the uri's i previously mentioned.

Post a sample project where the mp3 is not being inside the executable and
i'll see if i can find the issue.

Respects
BruceS