[Gambas-user] wiki login not working

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:25:09 CEST 2023

On 9/19/23 07:54, Bruce Steers wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sept 2023 at 12:27, gbWilly via User <user at lists.gambas-basic.org <mailto:user at lists.gambas-basic.org>> wrote:

[snip]

>     Hi Bruce,
>
>     Could it be you logged in from the Gambas webpage where the wiki is embedded (https://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html#
>     <https://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html#>) as that does mess with your login
>
>     Go directly to the wiki page (https://gambaswiki.org/wiki <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki>) to login and all should work, at
>     least it does for me.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     gbWilly
>

> I tried logging in on the main page (your link) and now it works.
> Looking at my browsing history i was at the same urls not the sourceforge embedded url.
>
> But now it works so i'm happy, cheers :)
> BruceS

Perhaps we should have the Wiki break out of the frame. ?

It could be done with Javascript [1], or by placing a link on the Wiki home page [2].

[1]:
if (window.top.location != window.location) {
     window.top.location.replace(window.location);
}

[2]:

One caveat to option 1 is that webpage translators that rely on frames would likely not work.

--
Lee