[Gambas-user] Finally/Catch and Return: How is that meant to be used?

Martin Fischer martin.fischer6 at web.de
Thu Sep 14 16:48:05 CEST 2023

> I think (but I'm not sure) that this answer your question:
>
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/finally?nl
>
> Regards
>
> Gianluigi

Gianluigi,

thanks for the reference, but I'm aware of that already.
My problem comes from this harmless looking paragraph in the document
you referenced:

	This does not completely Ensure that code is run no matter what.
	If RETURN is used to exit a function before Finally then the
	Finally part will only run if an error is raised.

This is a substantial deviation from "Finally"-semantics in other
languages. This is why I'm surprised...

Regards,
Martin