[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Fri Sep 8 20:25:07 CEST 2023

Le 08/09/2023 à 19:26, T Lee Davidson a écrit :

> I installed Debian on a QEMU/KVM VM and tried to create an appimage of
> the default "hello world" new console application (hello.gambas). It
> failed. "Create-AppImage-Package-Output" attached.

According to the output, you specified debian repositories. You must
specified Ubuntu repositories, otherwise it can't work!

> I also tried following the example at
> https://appimage-builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/gambas3.html.
> "appimage-builder --generate" failed to produce a YML file that looked
> usable; ie. it listed nothing to include in the AppDir:apt:include:
> section. "AppImageBuilder.yml" attached.
>
> I then tried making an appimage from hello.gambas following the
> procedures at the above appimage-builder example. The generate step
> failed as well with similar output to the example.
> "appimage-builer-generate-output" attached.
>
> I think the following line, common to both outputs except for the app
> name, may indicate at least part of the issue causing the failure to
> produce a viable YML file when trying to create an appimage manually:
> WARNING:AppRuntimeAnalyser:/tmp/.mount_appima0Khv6d/usr/bin/strace -f -E
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH= -e trace=openat --status=successful
> /home/user/devel/appimage-demo-gambas3/AppDir/usr/bin/appimage-demo-gambas3.gambas $@ exited with code 127
>
> I didn't find any mention of Gambas exit codes on the Wiki, so I don't
> know what code 127 might mean.

It's not a problem, as I don't use "appimage-builder --generate". It's
not reliable. I just have to specify manually in the
'AppImageBuilder.yml' file the same dependencies as if I would create a
Ubuntu binary package.

Benoît Minisini.