[Gambas-user] Some more example projects to be distributed with gambas

Martin Fischer martin.fischer6 at web.de
Sat Sep 2 10:46:45 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I created some example projects during my tour through the gambas
universe that might be useful for others too.

- DatabaseEditor:
   Example program that demonstrates how to use data-bound controls to
   edit database records
   I use DataSource, DataBrowser, DataControl and DataCombo here.
   Note that this example builds up the DB connection programmatically.

- DatabaseEditorDesignTimeConnection:
   Example program that demonstrates how to use data-bound controls to
   edit database records.
   I use DataSource, DataBrowser, DataControl and DataCombo here.
   Note that this example uses a connection to the DB that is specified
   at design-time via the gambas IDE. As a consequence the IDE provides
   support when binding controls to tables and fields by offering the
   available tables or field names.

- Multiprocessing:
   Learn to use a Task to do some background calculations.
   The Task class allows long running calculations to be executed in
   spawned process(es) to prevent UI from blocking during long running
   calculations.
   In this example prime numbers up to a max number are calculated which
   takes some time for big numbes.
   Therefore a single Task instance takes care of this calculation in
   the background.

I already published these projects on the gambas software farm.

If you are interested, please have a look into the projects.
If you think that some of this might be relevant for other gambas
newbies, include it into the examples distributed together with gambas.

Regards