[Gambas-user] sqlite full text search i.e. virtual tables

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 08:16:36 CEST 2023

Do we support queries on sqlite virtual tables? I am trying to implement
a full text search on names in 3 tables. sqlite3 has a full text search
(FTS) facility that seems to work quite well after limited testing* but
I can't seem to get access to it via gb.db conn.Find() or conn.Exec().

The info on sqlite FTS can be found here <https://www.sqlite.org/fts5.html>.

Any clues?

tia

Bruce

* I can add, delete and change the base tables and can successfully
"update" the FTS "table". Queries executed outside Gambas work fine. The
search table has two columns, name and type where type is "person",
"building", "place". A simple query on the FTS would be something like
"SELECT * FROM namesrch WHERE name MATCH 'Haricot';"