[Gambas-user] ERROR - Cannot load component 'gb.highlight.c': cannot find library

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 18:33:53 CET 2023

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 at 17:15, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 30/10/2023 à 18:04, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> >> Done. Still no problem at all when editing a project with the IDE in
> >> its QT5 version.
> >>

> > ...but the GTK+3 version freezes when opening a project.
> >

> Quitting the GTK+3 IDE immediately at the welcome dialog closes the
> window but the process does not terminate.
>
> Then if I try to take control of the process with gdb, gdb crashes!
>
> Is Mint reliable? Or is it a Virtual Box problem?
>
> Many strange behaviours...
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

mint always has been reliable.
I use mint and am getting many strange things as you know.
i just tried PPA install of daily and gb.highlight seems to install but I
have no gb.highlight files in /usr/lib/gambas3/ and ide fails to load
because gb.highlight missing

Ps. i tried debian and i do not have the problems.

Respects
BruceS