[Gambas-user] New highlighting component (episode 2)

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sun Oct 29 01:41:55 CEST 2023

Le 29/10/2023 à 01:00, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 29/10/2023 à 00:50, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>>     after is required to be a comment.
>>

>> It is # anywhere in a line starts a comment just NOT if it is inside
>> {curly braces}
>> i changed
>> from #
>> to be...
>> from /#\s/
>>
>> but it's a workaround as i do not know syntax for # if it's not inside
>> { }
>
> What does "#" mean when it is between { and }?

I tried to enhance 'sh' highlighting after having quickly read bash
documentation.

The bash is cumbersome, so it will never be perfect.

Especially the definition file syntax does not allow implicit recursion,
i.e. you can't say easily, for example, that inside a double quote
string you have the same substitution than at top level, without writing
the commands twice.

But the goal of that definition file is to kept things simple, and make
the file readable. Not to fully understand its syntax.

If you want to see what I mean, look at the powerful XML highlight
definition file of Kate and compare. I join it to the mail. 103 Ko
against 1,5 Ko in Gambas. But it should handle bash syntax correctly (I
guess).

Benoît Minisini.