[Gambas-user] FromURL() converts + to space

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:17:53 CEST 2023

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023, 18:09 Bruce Steers, <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> if i use
>
> Print FromURL("AB+12.txt")
>
> i get "AB 12.txt"
>
> is that by design or a bug?
>
> the bug has been discovered when using Drag.Paste("text/uri-list") when
> using Drop on a control with a filename having a + in the name.
> it seems Drag.Paste("text/uri-list") seems to use the same FromURL()
> function.

I assume this is for URL post data after ?
Like
Web//URL.php?search=this+string+syntax

If yes could it only do that with text after the question mark? And not the
actual address. (I do not think it should modify the address, only the post
arguments)

This would fix Drag.Paste("text/uri-list") problems.

Or maybe FromUrl() could take an optional argument to not translate + to
spaces?

Respects
BruceS