[Gambas-user] [CRASH REPORT] WinPin

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 18:19:28 CEST 2023

On 10/8/23 11:48, Martin Fischer wrote:
> and this is the XError i get when running WinPin in IDE:
> -----------------------------------
> (WinPin:6185): Gdk-ERROR **: 17:46:34.721: The program 'WinPin' received
> an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>    (Details: serial 242 error_code 3 request_code 20 (core protocol)
> minor_code 0)
>    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>     that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>     To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
>     variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>     backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)

Your project uses the gb.gui component. So, when running on Cinnamon desktop as you are, it would use GTK. And, when running on
the KDE desktop as I do, it would use Qt.

As a test, I switched to using the gb.gtk3 component in the project instead of gb.gui. After launching Lazarus in multi-window
mode, I could no longer bring up the WinPin UI by clicking on the sys-tray icon. And, upon closing Lazarus, I got the same error
as you (with the exception of "serial 2601"):
~~~
(WinPin:11659): Gdk-ERROR **: 12:06:09.436: The program 'WinPin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 2601 error_code 3 request_code 20 (core protocol) minor_code 0)
    To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
    variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
~~~

So, it's a GTK issue, or an issue with the Gambas GTK interface.

--
Lee