[Gambas-user] combobox no longer scrolls with the mousewheel

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sun Oct 8 00:24:16 CEST 2023

Le 07/10/2023 à 23:59, BB a écrit :

> On 8/10/23 6:50 am, T Lee Davidson wrote:

>>> This is nothing to do with what I am talking about.

>> How is it nothing to do with it?
>>
>> In your very first message, you said, "I used to be able to use the
>> mouse wheel to scroll through combobox
>> lists." Safiur is also talking about (inadvertently) scrolling through
>> the combobox list with the mouse wheel.
>>
> Because he is talking about scrolling a scrollview and inadvertantly
> changing a combobox and I am talking about deliberately trying to change
> a combobox by using the mouse wheel in it.

This why Safiur asked to disable the mouse wheel on read-write combo-boxes.

I have just tested a read-write combo-box in Kate:

- Mouse wheel is not disable, it scrolls the items, erasing what you
have types in the combo.

- It does not support high resolution mouse wheels, a bug I have fixed
in the same commit where I disabled the mouse wheel.

So I don't know what to do.

I understand that changing the contents of a read-write combo-box with
the mouse wheel inadvertently is disturbing, but apparently this is how
it is already implemented in Qt. As for GTK+, I don't know.

Benoît Minisini.