[Gambas-user] More speed for you

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sun Oct 1 09:24:17 CEST 2023

Hi,

Today is the Solemnity of Our Lady of the Rosary, so here is a little
gift: a big optimization of the interpreter in the last commit.

You can see the result on the wiki in the benchmark page:
https://gambaswiki.org/edit/doc/benchmark

Now Gambas beats the latest version of Python, Perl and OpenJDK Java in
all benchmark but one.

If someone could port the benchmarks to Ruby, maybe we would be able to
claim Gambas to be the fastest full-featured interpreter on the galaxy? :-)

Beware: this is fresh code, so you may encounter crashes. As usual,
report any problem.

Enjoy!

--
Benoît Minisini.