[Gambas-user] Replace an old executable in memory

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:56:50 CET 2023

> A) Is it possible to replace in memory old executable by new generated
> executable without close program in memory and run again my gambas new
> program?

B) Could this program be able to return to exact method (if it exists,
> sure!) when he was replaced by new executable?

No, there is no way to know where in the bytecode the program could safely
continue execution.
But you could save the state of the program, and at restart continue with
the previous state. But there is no automatic way to do this. You must
implement it by yourself.

Jussi