[Gambas-user] Gio icon, GIcon serialized for DesktopPortal Notify?

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 00:52:51 CET 2023

Er, no. What does a call to
DBus["org.freedesktop.Notifications"]["/org/freedesktop/Notifications","org.freedesktop.Notifications"].GetServerInformation()
give?

Notifications are a session item, i.e. user specifies which notification
daemon they want to use (or the system default). This is the program
that draws the popups, not the dbus daemon that sends the messages. For
e.g. I use dunst coz I like it better than the system default. I can
display icons with dunst but they need to be in the shared system icon
directory, I cant display arbitrarily located images because dunst cant
handle that.

p.s. here GetServerInformation() gives "dunst", "knopwob", "1.5.0
(2020-07-23)", "1.2"