[Gambas-user] Enable Software farm to upload and distribute Gambas Script applets

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:21:48 CET 2023

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 at 16:52, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 22/11/2023 à 00:49, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Might not take much to make the ide support a script project type?
> >

> In that case, no need to make a script, make a real project!
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

haha :)  funny earlier on I though to myself "Bens view will probably be,
just make a project not a script then"  :D

But scripts have certain bonuses Ben.
mostly that a script is ready to run as it is self compiling. no need ,
load into ide, create executable, etc.
ide does not even need to be installed just the runtimes/components, for
the lesser experienced user just running a script is far easier than having
to load a project into a development environment just to compile it.

Respects
BruceS