[Gambas-user] cleaning gambas.1000 dir

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:14:29 CET 2023

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 at 17:02, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 20/11/2023 à 09:10, BB a écrit :
> > On 20/11/23 10:05 am, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> >> I think you are correct, but why bother?
> >>
> >> Jussi
> >>
> > Good point, but /tmp has always ended up with gazillions of empty
> > /tmp/gambas1000/nnnnnnnnn directories that I would like to self-imolate
> > once a day at least or at best if they are empty. It would make
> > observations of "live" files temporary files easier.

> They are automatically deleted at program ends, but only if the programs
> terminates normally, which is not often the case when you debug it with
> the IDE.
>
> I will make the IDE debugger delete the temporary directory of the
> debugged process automatically.

Cool that will help, thanks

There other reasons too (i do not exact reasons behind it).
For example one of my programs used Task.class to read a folder each time i
clicked the tray icon to open the window.
I found every time i clicked the tray a new dir appeared in gambas.1000 ,
Even tried using Quit in the task process, it did not remove the dir

Been about 1.5 hrs since my last reboot and there's 17 obsolete folders.

Respects
BruceS