[Gambas-user] How does gb.highlight affect older projects with editor

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Tue Nov 21 11:48:21 CET 2023

The new gb.highlight surely reads like a nifty peace of software, it
remembers me of the Python Lexer which is controlled via a css file.

But what about my older software projects which still use the
gb.eval.highlight component? There are a few where I use the editor to
enable the user to edit my own config or macro files with their own
highlighting. And in these projects, the editor appears at different
places/dialogs with different highlightings for different kinds of files.

Will I have to rewrite them? Or will you leave the gb.eval.highlight
component in the list? Or will there be a compatibility level for the
editor?

I remember that some time ago there has been a change to this
highlighting thing. It was said, you have to recode everything, but it
turned out relatively easy as I merely had to change some keywords. The
rest of it had remained the same. Here the effort will be much greater I
guess.

Regards
Rolf