[Gambas-user] How to share files using gb.web?

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 07:58:09 CET 2023

On 20/11/23 4:18 pm, Филипп Друан via User wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to write a program in Gambas that creates a web page with
> links to previously specified files. The files can be any, they can be
> indicated in the interface installed on the server. The server may be
> any computer.
>
> Please tell me if it is difficult to implement my idea? Will Gambas
> significantly slow down data transfer speed compared to Nginx?
>
> Filipp

Understand the difference. The page you generate with gb.web is just
that, just as if you made it manually using a text editor. On your users
computer they are using a web browser and any links on a page they click
on are resolved by their "system" (computer, browser, internet provider,
connection etc etc). So if a link on a page points to
"www.xyzzy.neptune.com" then the interaction of that link is entirely
happening on the user's "system" and has nothing to do with the html
page generated by Gambas. Nothing at all.

hth