[Gambas-user] Why can't I create native executables?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:34:22 CET 2023

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023, 11:25 Филипп Друан via User, <
user at lists.gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Hi there!
> I'm a bit frustrated that you can't create an executable in Gambas that
> doesn't need an interpreter. Why wasn't this feature added?

Yes Benoit couldn't you just add that feature?  Maybe before lunch? 😂

I have heard
> of a JIT compilation. Why not run it while building the executable?

If you have some ideas that might make gambas better why not implement them
yourself?
You sound like you know a lot about these things so perhaps you could take
the time to add these features you want, then you can share the upgrades.
I'm sure it's simple, you must have the time. 😉

The gambas source code if freely available and easy to modify, so download
it and see if you can add the required features you want.

Personally I am very happy and very grateful for gambas. Interpreted or not.
It's easy to use, feature rich, highly customisable, and best of all
completely free 😊

And if you want to change it, you can 😀

BruceS