[Gambas-user] Topic for the useful advice

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:18:49 CET 2023

On 11/13/23 11:43, Филипп Друан via User wrote:
> Hello!
> Would be very happy if you could add tips on how to make a nice adaptive interface.
> When I create a simple form, run it and try to resize it, it doesn't look very nice. The controls stay in place. If I expand the
> window, a blank area appears. If I shrink it, some of the controls are simply not visible.
> How can I make the program adapt to window resizing?
> Thanks!
>
> Filipp

You will need to set the Expand property of the control that you wish to be adaptable:
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/control/expand

You can control how the parent arranges its controls by setting its Arrangement property:
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/window/arrangement

To help further arrange controls you can use containers such as Panel, horizontal box, vertical box, and Spring:
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/panel
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/hbox
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/vbox
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/spring