[Gambas-user] Mouse X & Y reporting...

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:46:04 CET 2023

On 11/12/23 10:03, sbungay wrote:
>    I've been struggling with dragging data from a TreeView to a Text Area, and I THINK I've found the source of the frustration.
>
>    Both the TreeView and TextArea have Tracking enabled. So everything is OK there.
>
>    The Drag begins and the Mouse.X and Mouse.Y coordinates are given relative to where it was in the TreeView when that event
> fires. Lets say the values are, respectively, 21 and 88. Dragging the text from the TreeView to the position in the TextArea
> where it needs to be inserted it ALWAYS inserts it in the wrong spot, and the Mouse.X and Mouse.Y remain set at 21 and 88, which
> explains why insertion did not take place at the desired location.
>
>   Shouldn't the Mouse.X and Mouse.Y be updated to the coordinates of the pointer relative to the control over which the drop
> occurred?

You shouldn't need to use Tracking and Mouse.X/Y to drop text into a TextArea at the position you desire. Notice that the
TextArea's text cursor follows the mouse cursor. Just position the mouse over where you want to drop the text and let go of the
mouse button. If you want the text on a new line use "TextArea1.Insert(gb.NewLine & Drag.Data)".

--
Lee

BTW, Benoît, the DragMove event does not appear to fire when dragging inside a TextArea with Drop = True. Maybe I did something
wrong.