[Gambas-user] another highlighter problem in the IDE

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:26:02 CET 2023

Inline and snipped

On 6/11/23 9:26 pm, Bruce Steers wrote:

> Well that's just freaky.
> Today it does not work with gamba but only as gambas :-\  wtf !

wtf->nfi(=fiik) The age old Blind Bambie problem.
> Does it help you with your own problem defining your handler m8?

no, no joy yet. I am beginning to think it is the publisher definition
that is not getting it right for dbus to handle it. Sadly there is no
error raised. BUT I used to be able to "register" the signals in
qdbusviewer and they did get the notification. No longer, but I dont
know if that is due to the gambas or the qdbusviewer, versions have
changed somewhat at both ends.
> what's important is the prefix for the handler, in my case,
> org_gambas_dbsend_MyEvent() matches the interface name
> org.gambas.dbsend but with underscores not dots.
> Also using DBus.Raise() to trigger it.

granted, I use underscores
> And on the other side you have to use the _Signal(Name As String, Arg
> as Variant[]) event of the DBusSignal watcher.

yep
> Respects
> BruceS

Something is rotten in the state of Deebus, somewhere. Horatio, where
are you Horatio? ( translations and purists may disagree.)

Apart from that the population of feral myopic Cervidae
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervidae> (hoofed runinants) is
increasing daily.