[Gambas-user] Strange "new" in writing code in the IDE Editor.

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 11:57:35 CET 2023

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 10:47, vuott--- via User <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> I would like to add that previously, if I typed a keyword in lowercase
> letters, then automatically the IDE would turn the first letter to
> uppercase.
> Now, however, everything remains in lowercase letters.

yes because CanReWrite is not set.
CanReWrite is the setting that allows the code to be modified or not.

i've submitted a merge request...
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/merge_requests/314

the problem is in CDocument.class of TextEditor component
these 2 lines  (961 and 963)
  TextHighlighter.CanRewrite = True '_Mode.Name

  If Not $bHighlightAll And If TextHighlighter.CanRewrite Then

it should be this now...
  $hHighlight.CanRewrite = True '_Mode.Name

  If Not $bHighlightAll And If $hHighlight.CanRewrite Then

BruceS