[Gambas-user] Usage of openssl.EncryptSalted

Marco Ancillotti gambas at servinfo.it
Wed May 31 16:25:28 CEST 2023

Il 31/05/23 12:36, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:

> 'gb.openssl' method arguments are bytes. Command-line 'openssl'
> arguments are hexadecimal digits. I guess this is the reason why you
> don't get the same results.

Hi Benoit ,

I've try converting string to bytes with

Bpwd = Byte[].FromString(pwd)

But I get a:

MMain.?.0: #6: Type mismatch: wanted String, got Byte[] instead

Also on that page:

https://gambas-buch.de/dwen/doku.php?id=k28:k28.3:start

it claim that argument are strings:

Encrypt ( Plain As String [ , Key As String, InitVector As String ] )

EncryptSalted ( Plain As String, Password As String [ , Salt As String ] )

I'm loosing somethink ?