[Gambas-user] Help to draw text on picture...

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 15:29:37 CEST 2023

On Mon, 29 May 2023 at 13:33, Fabien TONIUTTI <fabien.toniutti at free.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a new calendar application, i need to write on picture text and
> symbol ( rectagne, circle or other from my choice).
>
> I saw on documentation i could draw on picture directly without to use
> drawarea.
>
> Could you send me sample of code to do this?
>
> regards
>
>   ;)

You can Paint directly to a picture using Paint.class

Dim hPicture As Picture = Picture.Load(sImagePath)

Paint.Begin(hPicture)

Paint.Font.Size = 16  ' set font attributes
Paint.Background = Color.Blue  ' set the color to paint with

 ' use Paint.methods like Paint.DrawText() to write text directly to
hPicture object
  Paint.DrawText("This Text", 0, 0, hPicture.Width, Paint.Font.Height,
Align.Left)

Paint.End

BruceS