[Gambas-user] Mouse with Wayland

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu May 18 09:16:49 CEST 2023

Le 18/05/2023 à 07:08, Denis Crowther a écrit :
> On 5/18/23 14:48, Mayost Sharon wrote:
>> xorg-x11-server-Xwayland
>> Installed on my system
>>
>> But when I transfer the system to wayland
>> /etc/gdm/custom.conf
>> WaylandEnable=true
>>
>> mouse.move
>> Does not work
>>
>> When I transfer to X11
>> /etc/gdm/custom.conf
>> WaylandEnable=false
>>
>> mouse.move
>> Works fine
>>

> Sorry Mayost but I don't use wayland, I was just giving you the package
> name on my system.
>
> Bruce may have more information but Benoît has already stated that
> Mouse.Move not working is a "wayland feature" which I took to mean that
> wayland doesn't allow it.

I don't know if XWayland is allowed to move the mouse by Wayland.

Note that in the development version you can force the GUI toolkit to
use Wayland or X11 by setting in the environment tab of the project
property dialog 'GB_GUI_PLATFORM' to 'x11' or 'wayland'.

This environment tab is different from the same tab in the debugging
configuration dialog, as it is set at runtime at the  process startup,
not by the IDE during the debugging session.

Benoît Minisini.