[Gambas-user] Test Screen.Available values

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 12:07:58 CEST 2023

On Wed, 17 May 2023, 09:35 Mayost Sharon, <sharon at 455.co.il> wrote:

> Hello
>
> For me it's the pig
> so:
> _NET_WORKAREA(CARDINAL) = 0, 32, 1920, 1048, 0, 32, 1920, 1048, 0, 32,
> 1920, 1048, 0, 32, 1920, 1048
>
> Is it because I have 3 desktops?

Yes.
I use compiz and it only defines one desktop.
Gambas does not support this method at all Desktop.Count only ever shows 1
even though I have 6. I submitted a merge request to add virtual desktop
method too many moons ago but got no interest.

It's because compiz workspaces method  uses one large desktop screen and
splits it into segments
Other wms use multiple desktops and so you get multiple results from the
workarea property and also gambas Desktop.Count and other functions work as
expected.
My workarea only shows for the one single view screen because of compiz.

BruceS