[Gambas-user] Gambas and pdf

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Mon May 15 11:20:13 CEST 2023

Il 15/05/23 01:10, Dag JNJ ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I need to read pdf-files. I didn't find any component for that. I know
> I can use (in fact use) the Linux command /pdftotext, /but sometimes
> it makes mistakes, the order of text-elements is not always correct.
> As I write an interface for certain pdf-files, that always have the
> same structure, I waste time writing workarounds.
> Any help is welcome.
> Regards, Dag
>
> ----[http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette  ]----

Hi,

if you wish, you can also see this page (in Italian):
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php/Codice_essenziale_per_mostrare_un_file_PDF_con_le_risorse_del_Componente_gb.poppler

There is also an example of mine on the farm called :
DocumentViewPdfZoomDialog

To get pdf files you can also use gb.report2 there are two examples of
mine on the farm: LoremReport and ReportTest

Very important thing, you can document yourself with Benoit's code
related to gb.form.print:
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/tree/stable/comp/src/gb.form.print?ref_type=heads

Have fun :-)

Regards