[Gambas-user] Is there in Gambas a UUID implementation?

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Fri May 12 16:58:06 CEST 2023

On 2023-05-12 06:29, Christof Thalhofer wrote:

> But we will soon have to switch to a new ml software als Mailman2 is
> abandoned in Debian Bullseye.

Christof, I had to figure out how to get mailman2 running on Bullseye a
few months ago. This was after looking at the alternatives, which are
very few and nothing with a nice web UI (somehow mailing lists are not
important anymore?). Also, mailman3 looked like a big mess to me.
Staying with mailman2 made it easy to migrate the existing lists from a
very (very!) old Debian and mailman2 that was in use. Anyway, I will
share the relevant parts steps, just in case...

3.1- Create user and group for mailman2:
groupadd mailman
useradd -c"GNU Mailman" -s /no/shell -d /no/home -g mailman mailman

3.2 - Download mailman2 source code:
wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/mailman-2.1.39.tgz

3.3 - Uncompress mailman2 source code in a temp directory:
(example: /home/cenpadm/temp)

3.4 - Create destination directory and fix permissions:
mkdir /opt/mailman2
chgrp mailman /opt/mailman2
chmod a+rx,g+ws /opt/mailman2

3.5 - Install python2 and other requirements of mailman2:
apt install python2 python2-dev
wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/pip/2.7/get-pip.py
python2 get-pip.py
pip2 install dnspython==1.16.0
pip2 install distutils

3.6 - Compile and install el mailman2:
cd /home/cenpadm/temp/mailman-2.1.39
./configure --prefix=/opt/mailman2 --with-mailhost=email.cenpalab.cu
--with-urlhost=lists.cenpalab.cu
make
make install

3.7 - Check the installation: