[Gambas-user] Desktop.Portal ooh :)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:25:06 CEST 2023

On Fri, 12 May 2023 at 12:18, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 12/05/2023 à 12:56, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >

> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/65124fecaef7812228ed9064e8a1a390aa3408b4
> <
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/65124fecaef7812228ed9064e8a1a390aa3408b4
> >

> > That's awesome :)
> >
> > Any plans for Inhibit Ben?
>
> Probably. There are a lot of methods in the portal interface, I must
> study them one by one.

Excellent :)
Yes some potentially cool things there. RemoteDesktop, Print, Notification,
DynamicLauncher are just a few I could think of uses for :)

> Mine "mostly" works using.org.gnome.SessionManager (but only on MATE and
> > other gnome2 desktops)
>  > ...
>
> I just write code calling DBus, so you can already use the Inhibit
> interface othe desktop portal by doing the appropriate calls.

I see you just added 'h' (fd) file descriptor support.  I think that was
why i could not get other methods to work as getting the apparent "file
descriptor" property seemed to fail. The method instructions said "just use
Close of the file descriptor" but i could never get that working.

I shall have to try again now with this new feature :)
thanks again
BruceS