[Gambas-user] Rendering of Custom UserControls during development time

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Wed Mar 29 13:32:25 CEST 2023

Am 24.03.23 um 16:30 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> Look at the documentation and at the source code of the SwitchButton
> control (for example) in the 'gb.form' component for more details.

Native Gambas UserControls like Buttons are rendered almost exactly the
same during development time as during runtime. That means i.e. that a
Button displays a loaded Picture already during development time. This
does not apply for self-made controls implemented as class. In that case
only a simple box or an icon loaded from the Project/control - directory
is displayed. This also applies to native Gambas controls if implemented
as class. I tested it with the source code of the Gambas SwitchButton.

My question: How can a custom UserControl be rendered during development
time so that it looks similar to its appearance at runtime?

Best regards

Claus