[Gambas-user] is it possible to non-virtualize Key.class

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:42:30 CET 2023

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023, 22:08 Benoit Minisini, <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 23/03/2023 à 21:00, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Could it be possible to non-virtualize Key.class ?
> >
> > I tried to make a Key.class and added variables for the properties and a
> > way to have it either give the usual Key data or the set data.
> >
> > The hope was i could set the variables then trigger a KeyPress event of
> > an object and it could read the fake details.
> >
> > But it failed with "no Keyboard event data"
> >

> Yes, there is no way to forge fake input events in GUI components.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

That's a shame.
Could there be? 😉

I've been doing it differently by importing the whole gb.form.edit source
and I copied the View_Keypress method of TextEditor.class and converted it
to a MacroKeyPress method that does not use Key properties only constants.

But it got complicated as I need to follow up the super.keypress ladder for
all .mode files.

Having a non virtual Key.class overriding properties would be incredibly
useful.

Respects
BruceS