[Gambas-user] Drag and drop on GTK+2

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:17:08 CET 2023

On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 at 19:45, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 19/03/2023 à 20:36, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> >
> > Mmm... All controls ignore drops by default, except editing controls
> > like TextBox and TextArea, both in Qt and GTK+ by the way. And I ignored
> > that fact, hence the incoherent behaviour you noticed.
> >
> > I will make the Drop property True by default for TextBox and TextArea
> > and see if it raises some other problems.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Done in last commit. Let's see now what happens, if some things break...

I wouldn't say broken but i am now getting this warning if I have set Drop
to False on a TextArea..

(_aa:947938): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:10:53.667: Can't set a target list on a
widget until you've called gtk_drag_dest_set() to make the widget into a
drag destination

Only with TextArea , TextBox does not give the warning.
Happens if Drop is set to false via code or by the IDE designer.

Respects
BruceS