[Gambas-user] Drag and drop on GTK+2

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sun Mar 19 20:36:20 CET 2023

Le 19/03/2023 à 20:13, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 3/19/23 07:19, Mayost Sharon wrote:
>> I'm on Fedora 36
>> Gambas 3.18.1
>> And I only have GTK3 installed
>>
>> In a text box it responds to the DROP event even if the value is:
>> TextBox1.Drop = False
>>
>> If I define both
>> TextBox1.Drop = True
>> TextBox1.Drop = False
>>
>> This cancels the DROP event
>>
>> I am attaching an example
>> I made a note by pressing the buttons
>>
>> It doesn't seem right
>>
>> Many thanks
>
> This is actually a different issue than the topic of this thread.
>
> But, I confirm that on v3.18.1, the interpreter does not respect the
> default value of TextBox.Drop until it is programmatically changed.

Mmm... All controls ignore drops by default, except editing controls
like TextBox and TextArea, both in Qt and GTK+ by the way. And I ignored
that fact, hence the incoherent behaviour you noticed.

I will make the Drop property True by default for TextBox and TextArea
and see if it raises some other problems.

Benoît Minisini.