[Gambas-user] Setting Debug break points randomly fail

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:50:44 CET 2023

On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 at 21:39, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 09/03/2023 à 21:09, Brian G a écrit :
> > I am having an issue with the latest build.
> >
> > When trying to set break points it seems to randomly fail to set the
> > break point.
> > When I double click on a source line, often the break point is not set,
> > but yet if i try at some later time on
> > the same line it will work.
> >
> > I dont know if some changes have been made to the debugger but right now
> > I have had to resort to
> > adding a stop to where i want a break.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
> > "Failure is the key to success;
> >   each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
> > Brian G
> >

> Yes, there was some changes in the debugger recently (read the git
> commit logs!), and I have sometimes random problems too now, but I have
> no idea why at the moment.
>
> The change was a workaround of the freeze when debugging a project using
> the embedded http server (which forks for each request, so the IDE does
> not talk to the child process running the embedded http server, but to
> its child).
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

If it even is the debugger?

I was just unable to deselect a breakpoint with a double click.

At the same time i noticed i could not press the icon in the designer that
goes from Code to Form or Form to code. (the arrow, top left of designer,
next to save button)

I've experienced the Code/Form button not working a few times.
I save and select "reload project" then it works again.

The same just happened with the breakpoint,
after reloading i could double click again to toggle.

Respects
BruceS