[Gambas-user] Getting an objects handler

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:55:19 CET 2023

On 3/3/23 9:57 pm, Bruce Steers wrote:
> Is it possible to get the objects handler name?
>
> Ie. if i use...
>
> Dim m as Menu = New Menu(mParent) As "ThisMenu"
> m.Name = "This"
> m.Text = "This is a menu"
>
> I can read m.Name , m.Text, etc but can i get the "ThisMenu" reference?
>
> I've made a Menu.Save() Menu.Load() function to save/restore menus to disk
> It saves all the properties (except Tag yet) but i want to save the
> handler name too.
>
> Many thanks.
> BruceS

WggShelly (I'm learning Welsh btw)!

My previously erudition regarding this torpid topic raises, to me
anymorehow (it's Friday heer btw) what we need is to bring GBasic into
the 1970's with the introduction of ....

*Possible Event Handlers!*

Imagine .... Public Sub MyControl_AnythingElse(username as String,
useraddress as Google.Current.Physical.Location)

Damn. I just remembered, we had this in 1970 in PL1 with its' magical
ON_ANY$ hhandlers.