[Gambas-user] Problem with Embedded Server

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 00:24:40 CET 2023

On 2/28/23 17:33, Christof Thalhofer wrote:

>> I was referring to a timeout on the connection itself, ie. the time
>> that must pass before a stale/inactive connection is freed by the
>> server so a new one can be created. If 'max_connections' has been
>> reached, no new connections can be created until one or more are
>> freed.
>
> Yes, but this would be reproducible. But it is not. It happens by random. And it can happen in the first second. Usually network
> timeouts happen after a couple of seconds at minimum due to the inherent unreliability of network connections
>
> Ok, a new observation:
>
> If it happens this gambas process runs at 100 percent forever:
>
> /usr/bin/gbx3 -g -f /tmp/gambas.1000/gambas3-ide-debug-6552. -H /home/doms/mynewpage.de/webapp
>
> I can hear the fan hissing right now.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Okay. But, it may only seem random merely because we don't know what triggers it.

I don't know exactly how the embedded server works, but perhaps is uses some sort of caching to maintain its state (and
connection data). If so, and the cache isn't getting cleared properly between launches, that could be part of the reason it chokes.

How long are you waiting between relaunches/retries?

--
Lee