[Gambas-user] Merge question for Gambas3 on gitlab

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:17:48 CEST 2023

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023, 17:24 gbWilly via User, <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I did some dutch translations in my cloned repository of the gambas3
> master.
> I committed it and then pushed it to my fork of gambas3.
> Next on gitlab I placed a merge request with gambas3 master 2 days ago.
>
> Yesterday I did some more translation, commited and pushed them to my fork
> of Gambas.
> I noticed that I could not do a merge request, I guess because there is
> one pending.
>
> My questions:
> Will the changes of my last translations of yesterday be automatically
> merged into gambas3 master when the translations of 2 days ago are merged
> by Benoît, or do I need to wait for his merge and then do a new merge
> request for the latest translation?
>
> If the last is the case, is it then possible to first close this merge
> request (of 2 days ago) and then do a new one that has all changes (so also
> those of yesterday)  incorporated in the request?
>
> Cheers,
>
> gbWilly

When merging you are requesting to merge a whole branch from your fork not
just a commit.
Any further commits to that branch before merging are included when merged.

When I submit a merge I create a new branch from master then make my
modifications to that branch.
Then I submit a merge request and select the "delete source branch when
merged" option.

It is best to be sure you have it all correct when submitting merge request
as further commits can make things look messy.

You can close your merge requests yourself and start again if needed.

BruceS