[Gambas-user] uilding a Web Service in Gambas

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:18:29 CEST 2023

ta

> "A web service is either: a service offered by an electronic device to
> another electronic device, communicating with each other via the
> Internet, or a server running on a computer device, listening for
> requests at a particular port over a network, serving web
> documents.Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service>"
>
> Please be more specific, as both the above generalities are possible.

Well I would contend that both could be largely the same thing....
depending on implementation ... but yes I want it to sit there waiting
for an xml or json request and capable to return xml or json... and it
does not need to be dedicated port number, it can be plain port 80....

> I point you to Chapter 24 "Network and communication" in Gambas Book,
> you might find what you need:
> https://gambas-buch.de/dwen/doku.php?id=k24:start
that looks like for clients ... I'm taking about about building what
clients could/would call.