[Gambas-user] Remove Null or Empty items in arrays.

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:23:46 CEST 2023

On 22/6/23 7:46 pm, Bruce Steers wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 10:32, Christof Thalhofer <chrisml at deganius.de
> <mailto:chrisml at deganius.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am 21.06.23 um 20:52 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>
>     > How about
>     > String[].RemoveLike(Pattern As String)
>     >
>     > Unique to String array like .Join() is but using reg expression
>     to remove
>     > pattern matched entries or if Pattern is Null then removes empty
>     ones?
>     >
>     > That could be useful
>
>     I agree :-)
>
>     But do we really need it?
>

> hmm , the balance between being a useful addition or adding to the bloat.
>
> I think a string/pattern matching remove (or null entry remover)
> method for String[] is up there in the "deserves consideration"
> category at least :)
>
> Respects
> BruceS

Weeelll, all of these things I just add to my personal "Util" library in
an appropriate module of my own desire.  In this library are the
StringUtil, DateUtil ... and now the AUtil (arrays). So thanks for all
the ideas folks, and now back to fighting with my current @#$&! project
- "parallel arrays"

cheers