[Gambas-user] No Translation with Gambas Stable

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Tue Jun 20 14:33:29 CEST 2023

When I activate "Project can be translated" (Standard = English (USA))
my app still runs.

As soon as I translate any expression and save it I get an error, i.e.:

de.po:1:67: Syntaxfehler
msgfmt: es ist 1 fataler Fehler aufgetreten

It doesn't happen with the Gambas Master but didn't find anything in the
bugtracker

which would explain why.  The file de.po is attached. After comparison
with the de.po

file of the master version I deleted the header up to the line before
"#, fuzzy" and

the error message disappeared. But as soon as I translated a further
expression and

clicked on "save" I got a similar Error and again found a header before
"#, fuzzy".

Question: Is it a known and fixed bug and can it be avoided/solved in
Gambas Stable V3.18.2?

Best regards

Claus