[Gambas-user] Spanish Translation updated #295.

Martín mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Thu Jun 8 12:17:55 CEST 2023

El 5/6/23 a las 22:02, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> Done. Do you plan to do the same thing in the translations of
> component projects?

Some comments about translation in general.

The first thing I check is the .project file and in most of the projects
I find:
Language=en and Translate=1

But, there are some projects that despite having the phrases in English
I find Language=fr and in some cases there is no Translate=1 key, for
example:
gb.chart, gb.dbus.trayicon, gb.desktop, gb.form.stock, gb.logging,
gb.map, gb.markdown, gb.media.form, gb.memcached, gb.mysql, gb.net.smtp,
gb.scanner, gb.settings, gb.util.web, gb.web

Should these projects be translated? If so, maybe the maintainers of
these projects should change them to Translate=1, Language=en?

Then the project .gb.term.form gives problems when translating with my
program (Crustacea) because the description includes characters "\n" in
the IDE translator there is no problem. But I will be grateful if the
description does not have these "\n" characters as this will make my
translation work easier.
Then gb.mysql has inside the project the ".lang" directory but in the
.project file there is no Translate=1 mark and although the sentences
are in English it is marked as Language=fr. Maybe it would be necessary
to update this project? Should it be translated?

Thanks.

Martin.