[Gambas-user] Spanish Translation updated #295.

Martín mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Mon Jun 5 20:14:28 CEST 2023

El 11/2/23 a las 11:38, Martin escribió:
> Hi Benoit.
>
> I have been talking with the previous translator of Gambas into
> Spanish, Jesús Guardón, about what strategy to follow to keep an
> up-to-date translation in the timeline. We believe that the best
> strategy to have Gambas translated is a single translation without
> localization that everyone can use regardless of region.
>
> Currently there is es.po and es_ES.po and we want only es.po.
> Then es_ES.po should be removed as it has not been maintained for more
> than a year.
>
> I have made a merge request !295 a few days ago with the changes to
> the en.po file.
> Could you please incorporate the changes to the master version.
>
> Thanks.
> Martín Belmonte

Hi Benioit.

When you can, please delete the file es_ES.po from the IDE translations,
it is no longer maintained by anyone. Instead we maintain only one
Spanish translation, es.po (common) of which I am the current maintainer.
It is a decision that we have taken among all the users that participate
the most in the gambas-es forum because by using all the same
translation we increase the bug detection rate and we also have some
"fun" arguing about which word is the most correct :-).

Thanks.

Martín Belmonte