[Gambas-user] Lua component for Gambas

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Jul 31 09:21:22 CEST 2023

Le 31/07/2023 à 03:22, Frank a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I started making a Gambas component for the Lua language.
>
> It's already functional. Just assign a value to the Code property and
> call the Execute method.
>
> If anyone is interested, it's available at
> https://gitlab.com/jfrank1500/gambas/-/tree/master/gb.lua?ref_type=heads
> <https://gitlab.com/jfrank1500/gambas/-/tree/master/gb.lua?ref_type=heads>
>
> By the way, is there any more recent documentation or book with
> guidelines on how to create C/C++ components for Gambas?
>
> Frank

Fine!

I don't know what's your goal exactly with this component.

But if you go further, I suggest the following:

- Put the code for one class in its own file, for example "c_lua.c" for
the _Lua class.

- I don't see the point for the "Execute" event.

- I don't see the point of adding the properties to make the Lua class a
GUI control.

As the interpreter API documentation is not up to date, ask your
question on the mailing-list, and I will answer.

Benoît Minisini.