[Gambas-user] DataView Help... solved?

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Fri Jul 14 18:03:19 CEST 2023

Il 14/07/23 12:17, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> The last commits add a new optional boolean argument to the
> Connection.Create() method.
>
> If set to TRUE, then the Update() method will fill its Result object
> with the contents of the newly inserted record, serial fields included.
>
> This feature is used by the 'gb.db.form' DataSource control to
> automatically move to the newly inserted record reliably.
>
> Note that not all database systems support this feature, and not in
> all versions.
>
> If the feature is not supported, the optional boolean argument of
> Create() is silently ignored - you get a warning message on the
> command line only if you set DB.Debug = TRUE. And in that case,
> DataSource control will not move to the newly created record.
>
> Regards,

Hi Benoit,

unfortunately I have to say no, I haven't solved it.

Indeed, if before I had understood little, now I can say that I no
longer understand anything.

The DataView still does not select the current record both on the change
of sorting and on the new insertion and/or update (button save), I now
have numerous warnings of 'allocations not freed'.

Now I would think about the fun of the holidays, we will eventually
think about it later.

Thank you for the great effort that I still appreciate a lot.

Happy holidays again :-)

Gianluigi