[Gambas-user] DataView Help

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:14:03 CEST 2023

On 7/11/23 08:40, Gianluigi wrote:
> I still couldn't select the correct row though, I always end up selecting the last one

It appears that DataView.Find assumes the sort order of the view is by `students_id`. But, it isn't always. In fact, when the
application launches, the view is sorted by `surname` descending.

The last inserted record is last in the database table. So, DataView.Find sets the current row to the last record in the view
even if it is not sorted by `students_id`.

It appears to me to be a bug. But, I don't know how DataView.Find could determine the sort order of whichever column.

--
Lee