[Gambas-user] DataView Help

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Jul 8 18:24:53 CEST 2023

Am 08.07.23 um 15:39 schrieb Gianluigi:
> Il 07/07/23 21:46, T Lee Davidson ha scritto:
>> On 7/7/23 11:26, Gianluigi wrote:
>>
>> DataView.Update appears to do nothing.
> What do you suggest, do I write a bugtracker report and if so what
> should I say more (or less) than this?
> Benoit wants one bug at a time but in this case how to do it?
>> [code] ...
> Regards
> Gianluigi

What an incidence. Yesterday I sent an email to Hans and reported the
same issue - without having seen this thread. I finally succeeded to
update the DataView after a change of a cell, but this can only be done
when the control is entirely re-initialized, including all formatting
stuff.  I wouldn't call it a bug, but I suggest to place a feature
request for an update of displayed records when they have been changed
by code.  BTW, I was surprised that the DataSource doesn't throw a
Change or BeforeSave event like with the DataBrowser.

It should be checked, whether the DataBrowser has the same problem.

Data-bound controls of Microsoft have such an "update" function. Quote:
"Used in updating operations to attempt to update the displayed record
in the data source with the values provided by the user. Raises the
ItemUpdating and ItemUpdated events."

Best regards

Claus