[Gambas-user] qt4/qt5 and gb.gui.qt

gbWilly gbWilly at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 7 22:07:00 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I'm working on some old projects that have been laying around catching dust for years.
Now all these projects use gb.qt4 and qt4.ext.

Since I still have a few old systems running qt4 and the newer systems running qt5 I decided to go for gb.gui.qt, so that applications will install on all systems regardless of qt4 or qt5.

So far so good, but what about gb.qt4.ext. It provides me with TextEditor which I use in some projects. There is no gb.gui.qt.ext component to provide me with TextEdit in the IDE and my compiler complains and doesn't open my forms with TextEditor on them.

So, if I want TextEditor I need to choose for either qt4 or qt5, which kinda makes no sense if you want to make packages that work on both environments.

Any foreseen solutions for this problem?
Anybody else run into this maybe?

gbWilly

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.